Exciting opportunities volunteering at the Romsey Art Festival, Cambridge
Already a vibrant and well loved area of Cambridge, Romsey is set to become part of the cultural quarter of the city, highlighted this summer with the first ever Romsey Art Festival. This will celebrate and showcase the rich way of life in the area.
From Spring 2013 artist-led workshops will be held with a variety of community groups within Romsey, where collaborative artwork will be produced to the theme of community for the public to enjoy over the festival weekend.
We are looking for 4 dynamic volunteers who are excited about community and the arts.
- Are you an avid publicist who has a passion for promoting worthy causes?
- Are you an ardent fundraiser who has an ability to collect heaps of sponsorship?
- Are you a website design and systems enthusiast who pays attention to detail?
- Do you love location scouting and have a good sense for opportunities not to be missed?
- Do you get pleasure from engaging with people from all walks of life?
If you answered ‘yes’ and you are not afraid to use your initiative then we are eager to hear from you.
This is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in socially engaged / community arts development.
Prior experience of working on an arts project would be desirable but willingness and enthusiasm is paramount.
We are looking for people who learn new skills and processes easily and quickly with a flexible approach and a willingness to embrace change. You will be diplomatic, pragmatic and personable.
Experience in PR, events management, sponsorship and marketing will be offered through critical engagement and creative involvement in the festival.
Festival launch date = 3rdAugust with community workshops taking place in the run up.
For further information about working on this pioneering project please email;